Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Field Trip to Visual Arts and Craft Harbourfront Centre School for Puppet Making and Clay Mask making for Grade 1

On Friday there was field trip to Visual Arts and Craft School at Toronto Downtown. I did Volunteers to her class teacher to manage student and help them out. It was supper fun and I enjoyed it lot. So we started out trip in bus from school to Downtown which was 1 and half hour journey as we stuck in traffic. When we reached there staff welcome all students and took them to big hall of their school. They divided student to 2 parts as there was total 4 class of Grade 1. I was having six kids in my team for whom I was responsible for everything during trip. firstly we started with puppet Show, which kids really enjoyed. Then teachers over their explain kids regarding different kinds of puppet and from different places. How they portray and people use them in stage show etc. etc. After all that they showed kids how to make one. It was simple and easy and kids attempt to make one for their own. Spend around and hour for making puppet and decorating them. I got some pictures, but I am sad that I couldn't click for final pic when everything all done, as I was all busy helping 6 kids in my team and then it was too much rush also as we were having very little time. Kids took lunch out in garden as it was full sunny day. they were happy to see CN tower. it was beautiful view from their Garden. 
Teacher explaining about Puppet...of different type and of different kinds and from different place....

Kids in action to make their own Puppet...they really made good one, but it was so much rush that couldn't take final pic. :(

Lunch Time in Garden from where there was a beautiful view to CN Tower....
 
Girls and Boys are on job to Clay Mask making...It was fun...again missed to take pic for clay mask, when it was all done...:(

After Lunch, they took kids to Clay Mask making, where teacher explain them, Why we use mask and what kind of mask we found these days, and how they are made from different material. With mask we can scare people and that we use it on Halloween, we can make people laugh. Through mask we can express our emotions, happy sad, wired, surprise, cry etc. then he showed them how to make mask from Clay. After that kids tried to make their own mask. All kids were very enthusiastic to make their own. You can see glimpse of them in above pic. Again I was very busy that I couldn't took final pic when every thing was done. as it was rush to come back to school and buses were already arrived to pick up all of us. They gave all student mask in shoe box, which they carry with them. We made it back to their school by late afternoon. Mask and Puppet are all drying in classroom right now, hopefully they will send to home by next week. Will upload pic for that later.

From left Arnav, Guru, Rachel, Ananyaa, Advith and Gurshan.
 All in all I spent my all day last Friday with kids. It was supper busy and fun day. Six kids in my team were good to me. They listen my instruction when I was giving one and ask me when they had any question. I enjoyed help them making puppet and clay mask.
 
With Love,
 
Anu Shah

 

No comments: