Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rain and Me & Memories....

It’s been raining almost since yesterday here in Toronto, and every time I see the rain or even I think about rain, I find myself humming this mesmerizing rain song from the movie Manzil: RimJhim Gire Sawan....which is very close to my heart and when I listen this song, I miss you more and more.

This movie “Manzil” was one of the unsuccessful movie. during 70's but this song of movie became so popular...and it appears twice in movie, Once in the voice of Kishor Kumar and the second time in the voice of Latajee.When it comes to audio, Kishore Version is more popular. But when it comes to picturisation, there is little doubt this the Lata version is the best one. (I think so).

Rimjhim gire saawan,sulag sulag jaaye man
bheege aaj is mausam me, lagi kaisi ye agan
Rimjhim gire saawan,sulag sulag jaaye man
bheege aaj is mausam me, lagi kaisi ye agan
lalalalalalala

pahle bhi yoon too, barse the baadal
pahle bhi yoon too, bheega tha aanchal
lalalalalalalalalala
pahle bhi yoon too, barse the baadal
pahle bhi yoon too, bheega tha aanchal
abke baras kyun sajan, sulag sulag jaaye man
bheege aaj is mausam me, lagi kaisi ye agan
lalalalalalala

Is baar saawan, dahka hua hai, is baar mausam, bahka hua hai
lalalalalalalala
Is baar saawan, dahka hua hai,is baar mausam, bahka hua hai
jaane peeke chali kya pawan, sulag sulag jaaye man
bheege aj is mausam me, lagi kaisi ye agan
rimjhim gire sawan, sulag sulag jaaye man
bheege aaj is mausam me, rimjhim gire sawan
lalalala
Rimjhim Gire Sawan

Lata’s version of the song has Amitabh and Mausami Chatterji enjoying Bombay rain on streets. Many people like this song because of the music , lyrics and the vocals. I like them too, but in addition,I also like this song for its picturisation. Personaly me, I loved Lyrics of Kishormumar version, but when it come to video, female version is the best one....I loved watching this video again n again n again....This song tells us about the Bombay ( as Mumbai was then called) of yesteryears when things were much different and more innocent than they are today.

I also love thiis song with all the familiar sights in mumbai.....wish to visit back there sometime.....also song has so much of feel...love...romance...happiness...memories.... Love in simple Words, Simple Words in Love.  and again will say When I listen this song, I miss you more and more..

Alway's with Love n more Love

Anu Shah

No comments: